Saturday, October 20, 2012

PPMG Produces Evander Holyfield's Official After Party



Five Time Heavyweight Champion of the World


EVANDER HOLYFIELD's 50th Birthday Celebration Official After Party

Friday, October 19, 2012, 9:30pm




Evander Holyfield Statement:
I had a great 41 years of boxing.  I was hoping to get an offer on the table for another championship fight, so at 50 years old I think I will retire as the Only Five Time Heavyweight Champion of the World!  This is it for me as far as boxing, the whole thing is about moving on. People talk about golden things, all of the things I accomplished since the age of 8, I was the Boys Club Champion, Jr. Olympic Champion, Georgia Golden Gloves Champion, Southeastern Champion at 13, 1983 National Champion, 1984 National Golden Gloves Champion, Member of 1984 Olympic Games, 1986 Jr. Heavyweight Champion, 1986 WBA Jr. Heavyweight Champion, 1987 IBF Cruiserweight Champion, 1988 WBC Cruiserweight Champion, The Only Undisputed Undefeated Cruiserweight Champion of the World, ever. The Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World in 1990, Two Times Heavyweight Champion of the World 1993, Three Time Heavyweight Champion of the World 1996, Four Time Heavyweight Champion of the World 2000, Five Time Heavyweight Champion of the World 2007.  I am excited to give my fans the opportunity to view my many years of boxing memorabilia at Juliens Auction House in Beverly Hills on November 30. I'm looking forward to being an instrument in making boxing safer and better, inspire people to not give up on the fight of life, keep reaching for the stars. Through my foundation "The Evander Holyfield Foundation," one of my many goals is to create effective programs that will not only encourage the youth but give them the necessary tools to be successful in life. I want to show them that just because you make mistakes, it doesn't mean that you have to give up on yourself. If you don't quit you can be a winner. 



REPRINTED *Reuters: 
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/10/20/sports/20121020154557&sec=sports

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Heavyweight boxing great Evander Holyfield was the night's star at his 50th birthday celebration... on Friday (October 19).

The former heavyweight and cruiserweight world champion, remembered for famous battles with Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis, was reportedly expected to announce his retirement from the sport at his birthday bash, but has since changed his mind.

"Retiring is the easy way out," he said. "I figured I'd give it some more time and not be what a kid is like. A kid, when they get frustrated with what they do, they quit. In reading that the Klitschkos don't want to fight me, my first thought was just to quit. I'm going to give it some time. Give it some time, wait it out and see what happens."

Holyfield has publicly stated his strong desire to fight either of the Klitschko brothers, Vitali or Wladimir, who currently hold all the world heavyweight titles between them.

Holyfield's illustrious professional career boasts a record of 44-10-2 with 29 knockouts. He holds five heavyweight titles and was part of the 1984 U.S. Olympic team that earned nine gold medals. The boxing champ's most recent fight was last May, in which he beat out Denmark's Brian Nielsen in the 10th round on a technical knockout.

Items from the auction include Holyfield's 1984 Olympic bronze medal and numerous championship belts, trophies and rings. The boxer says he's selling just some of his memorabilia because the world needs to see what he's accomplished and he's saving the rest for his grandchildren.

The auction will be held on November 30. - Reuters 



Evander Holyfield arrives to his 50th Birthday
Official After Party / (c) PPMG/Edi Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment